The Flying Veterans Club of San Francisco is a California Tax Exempt Corporation that was formed by seven air force veterans in March 1946 at the former Bay Meadows airport. The club is currently based at San Carlos Airport (KSQL). The club has been continuously operating since shortly after the end of World War II. Membership in the club is no longer limited to military veterans. Over the years the aircraft have changed, as has the membership, but the club's aviation spirit remains strong.
The Club currently owns and operates a Piper Cherokee 180 which has been upgraded with a Garmin GNS 430W NAV/COM/GPS, Aspen E5 EFIS, and a Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B In/Out transponder. The aircraft is also equipped with a yoke-mounted iPad mini that includes a subscription to the ForeFlight App.
The club has a hangar at San Carlos which has an attached office that is used for member meetings and other functions. Membership is limited to a maximum of 8 members. Anyone interested in becoming a member of the Flying Vets is encouraged to contact us and put their name on our waiting list to be notified whenever a member decides to sell their membership interest.